Coconut chocolate bars aka Bounty candy
I’ve always wanted to replicate the famous Bounty candy at home. So yesterday I made some delicious coconut candy treats. I’m so happy with the result and I must say that I went so close to the real Bounty taste. In this recipe I used milk chocolate chips, but if you want you can use dark chocolate to coat these candies.
Serving: 9 candies
Preparation time : 10min
Freezing time: 1 hour
- 200gr dry shredded coconut
- 100gr sweetened condensed milk
- vanilla extract
- 120gr chocolate (semisweet or dark chocolate)
- In a mixing bowl mix together the coconut with the sweetened condensed milk.
- Take a tablespoon of coconut mixture and shape it into small bars. Set them over a small tray lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze the bars for about 20 minutes until firm.
- In the meantime melt the chocolate in a double boiler and set aside.
- Remove the tray from the freezer and dip each bar in melted chocolate. Since the bars are very cold, the chocolate coat sets immediately.
- Arrange them in the baking tray and store the candy bars in the fridge.