Apart of savoury finger food served on a party there are also sweets. Usually there are served sweet tarts topped with cream or chocolate, or sweet crêpes filled with cream or fruits etc… or maybe this has happened only to me 😂😂. Today I am proposing a seeet dish that is easy to make and is delicious.
Mini pancakes with cocoa and ricotta frosting
serving 24 mini pancakes
Prep time 5 minutes
cooking time 25 minutes
- 125 g ricotta
- 125 g mascarpone cheese
- 125 g butter room temperature
- 100 g cocoa , sifted
- vanilla extract
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Walnuts, preferably 24 halves
- 250gr self-rising flour
- 2 eggs
- 125ml milk
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
Start preparing the ricotta frosting:
- In a standing mixer fitted with whisk mix together all the ricotta frosting ingredients.
- The secret here is to mix for quite some minutes so the frosting becomes pretty smooth.
- Add the milk, eggs, salt, sugar and melted butter to a large bowl. Mix until combined.
- Sift the flour in and stir to incorporate. The batter should not be overmixed.
- Heat a non-stick pan. Add a tablespoonful of batter and flat it to a 6cm discs with the back of the spoon.
- Flip the pancakes on the other side as soon as you see bubbles forming on top. Bake for an additional 30 sec.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 for all the remaining batter.
Assembling the dish:
- Fill a pastry bag with the ricotta frosting fitted with a decorating tip.
- Line the pancakes and on top of each pipe some of the ricotta frosting.
- Place a walnut half on top of each pancake.
This recipe can be prepared a day ahead, but just make sure to assemble the dish just before serving to avoid soggy pancakes.