As promised in the previous postings today I’m sharing some recipes and ideas to be served on a catering event.
The recipes will be shared in different postings so you can print each recipe you’ll like to prepare
Mini blinis with marinated mozzarella and cherry tomatoes
serving 36 mini blinis
Prep time 5 minutes
cooking time 25 minutes
- 1 cup olive oil
- 36 mini mozzarella
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 bunch dill
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch mint
- 2 cloves garlic
- 18 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 250gr self-rising flour
- 4 eggs
- 250ml milk
- 12 sage finely chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
A day prior the event start marinating the mozzarella.
- In a blender mix together the herbs, zest and olive oil. Blitz until well blended.
- Add the mozzarella bites in a glass jar and pour over the dressing. Shake well and store in the fridge.
- Add the milk, eggs, salt and chopped sage to a large bowl. Mix until combined.
- Sift the flour in and stir to incorporate. The batter should resemble the crêpe batter consistency.
- Heat a non-stick pan. Add a tablespoonful of batter and flat it to a 6cm discs with the back of the spoon.
- Flip the blinis on the other side as soon as you see bubles forming on top. Bake for an additional 30 sec.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 for all the remaining batter
Assembling the blinis:
- Firstly prepare the skewers. Insert a marinated mozzarella bite to a toothpick followed from a half cherry tomato.
- Line the blinis and insert on top of each a mozzarella and tomato skewer. Repeat this step until all the blinis are topped.
This recipe can be prepared a day ahead, but just make sure to assemble the dish just before serving to avoid soggy blinis.