This week has been a pretty busy one for me, but this fact is almost irrelevant for my kids, after all it doesn’t matter how busy or tired their mom is, they have to get their school lunch everyday with them. So, this week I have prepared mostly sandwiches with the same filling. The only thing I’ve changed was their sandwich bread which was different everyday. A trick of mine so they won’t get the feeling they’re eating the same thing day after day ☺.
Easy tortilla roll and persimmon
- 2 store-bought or homemade tortillas
- 4 slices of chicken prosciutto
- 4 slices of pizza cheese
- 2 tsp. mayonnaise
- 2 lettuce leafs
- 2-3 cherry tomatoes
- Spread the mayo over each tortilla.
- Place 2 slices of prosciutto and 2 slices of cheese on top.
- Add a lettuce and carefully roll the tortilla to form a log.
- Cut in half and place a tooth pick to seal the roll.
- Cut the puff pastry in four 12 x 12 cm squares
- Put the rolls to the lunchbox and place 1-2 cherry tomatoes on the side. Add some lettuce leafs on the side if your kids like salad like mine do.
Add also a ½ sliced persimmon. Store the lunchbox in the fridge until next morning
Cream cheese and veggies bagels
- 2 bagel buns or any kind of bread
- 2 tbsp. cream cheese or curd cheese or ricotta cheese
- 5-6 slices of cucumber
- 5-6 green olives sliced
- 2 slices of tomatoes
- Prepare the bagels according to this recipe.
- Cut the bagels in half and spread a thin layer of cream cheese on each of them.
- Top each half of bagel with cucumber slices, olives, tomatoes and top with the remaining half of bagel.
- Wrap them tightly with cling film and place them to the lunchbox.
Pack some persimmon slices to a small container. Store the lunchbox in the fridge until next morning.
Ham and cheese panini, grapes
I always have crust-less tramezzini style bread at home. It is very versatile and kids love it. Plus it can be prepared even for sweet recipes.
- 4 tramezzini slices
- 2 tsp. mustard
- 1 tsp. mayonnaise
- 4 slices of smoked pork ham
- 4 slices of emmental cheese
- 2 lettuce leafs
- Spread the mustard on 2 slices of bread and the mayo on the remaining two.
- Place the ham, cheese and lettuce over the bread we had previously spread with mustard.
- Top with the other slice of bread ( the one we had spread the mayo). Cut the panini diagonally and seal with a tooth pick (or alternatively cover with a cling film)
- Arrange the panini in the lunchbox .
As a fruit you can use some white sweet grapes since they’re in season. Store the lunchbox in the fridge until next morning.
Mini hamburger buns, slices of cucumber and a banana
- 4 mini hamburger buns
- 2 teaspoon mayo
- 2 slice of emmental cheese
- 2 lettuce leafs
- 2 slice of ham
- Spread a thin layer of mayo over both bread buns.
- Arrange the ham, cheese and the lettuce over the hamburger bun and top with the other half.
- Wrap the hamburger with cling film and store it in the fridge until next morning.
Add few cucumber sticks and a banana in the lunch bag.
( I used peanut butter rolls from the second week recipes)
Peanut butter banana rolls , marinated carrot sticks with salt & lemon, soft cheese slices
- Spread a thin layer of peanut butter over a tortilla, (approx. 2 teaspoons).
- Place a banana and roll it tightly.
- Cut into bite size portions, approx. 5cm thick and arrange them carefully in the lunchbox.
- Add some sliced carrots marinated previously with salt & lemon juice or you can add cucumber and pepper stick like in my case.
- Add also some soft cheese cubes and store the lunchbox in the fridge until next morning.