Garlic Butter Dinner Rolls
I love bread, but most of all I love making my own bread. This weekend I’ve decided to make garlic butter infused dinner rolls.
It’s an easy recipe and you can flavour them with different ingredients, like sun-dried tomatos, oregano infused olive oil, italian pesto etc…
You can prepare a double batch on weekends and store them in the freezer, individually wrapped. Moreover, you can pack one roll in your kid’s lunchbox.
Serving :12 small dinner rolls
Proofing time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- 250gr bread flour or extra if needed
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil or melted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp melted butter
- 5-6 cloves of garlic
- a bunch of mixed parsley and mint
- Dissolve the sugar and yeast in the water. Set asside until foamy.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour,olive oil, salt and add the yeast mixture.
- Knead for about 5 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic. Add extra flour if the dough is still sticky.
- Drizzle some extra olive oil in the bowl and turn the dough to coat evenly.
- Cover the bowl with damp cloth and let the dough proof until doubled in size approx 1 hour.
- In the meantime, throw the garlic and herbs in a mortar and pestle. Crush until all both garlic & herbs are reduced to a paste and then mix in the melted butter. Bash a few times to mix well.
- After proofing, give the dough a nice punch to remove the air formed inside and reduce it to the original size.
- Divide the dough into 12 small parts and work with your hands to give them a nice round shape.
- Dip each bun with the garlic butter to coat evenly.
- Arrange the buns side by side in a round baking tray and let them proof for about 15 minutes. Just the right amount of time needed for your oven to preheat.
- Set your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and bake the rolls (after Step 10) for about 15-20 minutes.
Enjoy while still warm.