I have bought recently a watermelon, which disappointed me very much. It was not ripe enough and what’s more important it was tasteless. Since I try not to waste food, I did not throw it in the trash. Instead I promised to my daughter that I was going to make her a watermelon smoothie. She adores smoothies, so I thought to make this tasteless, unripe watermelon useful.
Not being sure of how I was going to prepare it (hello nasty seeds) I threw everything in the blender. I was going to sieve it afterwards.
Then I recalled that I had some frozen organic strawberries in the freezer that should help me enhance the flavor of the watermelon.
Here’s my tasty smoothie, so next time you’ll have a tasteless watermelon at home, do yourself a favor, make this delicious watermelon and strawberry smoothie.
Serving 4 cups
Preparation time: 10 minutes or less
- 2 large slices of watermelon
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries,
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- 1 tbsp. of honey
- A bunch of mint leaves
- Cut the watermelon in large slices and put it in a blender. Mix well until well blended and pass it through a sieve to retain the pulp and seeds.
- Add the ice, strawberries, watermelon juice and honey and blend in high speed until smooth.
- Pour the watermelon smoothie in 4 nice cups. Bash a few mint leaves to release their oils divide them between your cups.
- Serve while still icy
- For adult only: add a nice shot of vodka to take your smoothie to another level ☺