Quickest Peanut Butter ever
Few days ago I have posted a quick update on my Facebook page that I am going to post on my blog(hopefully everyday) lunchbox recipes, more specifically, the recipes I am going to make for my kids. Starting with today’s post, I’m sharing with you my homemade peanut butter recipe, a very basic one.
Usually, the peanut butter is made from toasted peanuts (shelled) and honey, but I wanted to try a simpler one, using store-bought toasted peanuts. I’m glad I’ve tried since the final product resulted to be tasty and it was ready in minutes. Moreover it saved me from a huge mess from de-shelling the peanuts.
So, the best part of making your own peanut butter or any nut butter, apart of being healthier, is that the amount of butter obtained is the same with the amount of the nuts used. Plus, you can add any other ingredients to upgrade the flavor, such as chocolate, cinnamon etc..
I have only one remark here, If you want to make a tasty peanut butter, you have to choose a very good quality peanuts or any other nut.
Getting back to the recipe, I am stocking some peanut butter to have it on hand for my kids snacks.
- 2 cups very good quality roasted salted peanuts (de-shelled)
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Add the store-bought peanuts in a standing mixer’s bowl fitted with a metal blade. Add the honey and turn on the mixer on high speed.
- Mix until very smooth, about 10 minutes.
- For a crunchier texture, reserve 1/4 cup from the peanuts and add them at last 5 minutes.
- I have made both versions, the smooth and the crunchy version, though I have to say that my kids prefer the second one.
For a better understanding refer to the step-by-step pictures.