These dipping sauces are so easy to make and they add a great flavor to Thai rolls or sushi.
When I made my first Thai rolls, these were the sauces that we used for dipping and since the combination was successful I use them every time I cook Thai rolls and the soy sauce dipping is perfect for steamed buns too
You can make the sauces 1 day before, the longer the better so the flavors are very well combined.
Soy Sauce Dipping:
- 3 tbsp. dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar or apple vinegar
- 2 cm ginger thinly sliced in strips
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients in small bowl and stir until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Adjust with water if you like it less strong.
Hoisin Sauce Dipping (recipe adapted from food.com):
- 1 tbsp. smooth good quality peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar or apple vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and mix until smooth.