Carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting
I have prepared these cupcakes for my son’s birthday and this year was his 10’th anniversary (yes, they do grow very fast). Usually, when organizing birthday parties I have noticed that cupcakes are a real success and that’s why I chose to bake some for my son. Despite this, I do have to mention that I am obsessed with cupcakes and I enjoy baking. With experience comes perfection and I must say that consider myself a professional even in decoration. Now, with modesty apart I am writing down the recipe so you can try it and hopefully enjoy it☺
Serving: 16-18 cupcakes
Cooking time: 1 hour 15 min
For the cupcakes:
- 2 egg whites+ 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup sunflower oil
- ¾ cup milk
- 3 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 carrots (shredded)
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. all spice
- 1/4 tsp. grounded ginger
- 1/4 tsp. grounded clove
- 400gr cream cheese (softened)
- ¾ cups icing sugar (more if needed)
- 125gr softened butter
- vanilla extract
- Food colouring
- Preheat the oven at 200◦C and line the muffin tin with cupcake liners
- Beat the eggs and the brown sugar with the handheld mixer until creamy and foamy
- Add oil, milk and continue beating for a few seconds.
- Add the shredded carrots in a mixing bowl, add the flour, spices, baking powder and mix until all ingredients are combined through.
- Pour the carrot mix on to the creamed egg mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until the dry ingredients are mixed. Do not over mix!
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill ¾ of the cupcake hole and bake for approx. 40 min or until golden brown.
- Put all the frosting ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until creamy. Add more icing sugar if you prefer it sweeter, but I must say that to much sugar will make the frosting very stiff and grainy.
- Split the cream cheese frosting in 2 or three small bowls and add different food colours to make the frosting pretty ☺.
it is important to mention that the cupcake decoration should be done after the cupcakes are properly cooled and right before eating in order to prevent soggy cupcakes.