Since the first time I’ve heard of oats (few years ago in Albania were not that popular) I’ve been attracted to all of the recipes made with it.
One of those in particular were salty oat crackers. They were so delicious so every time I was at the supermarket I would have never gone out without buying a few boxes.. One day, while I was reading the labels, I realized that I could try to copycat that at home, so of course I did 🙂
In fact they didn’t turn like the original one, but at least I found a healthy version of homemade salty crackers.
Serving 25 small crackers (4cm x 4cm)
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 1/4 cup wheat bran
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven at 200°C
- Pulse half of the oats in the mixer to obtain oat flour.
- In a mixing bowl put all the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk olive oil, eggs and water with a fork and pour over the dry ingredients, stir carefully so all of them are mixed through.
- With wet hands press the dough firmly in a baking pan fitted with parchment paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approx. 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut in 24×24 cm small squares
Store in a airtight container for a week.