One of the things I hate most is throwing the leftover food away. Most of the times when I have leftovers, I recycle them in new recipes or put them in the freezer for future use. If you ever try my recipe of the Steamed pork buns use the leftover filling to make my oriental semolina soup. It is a easy soup that can be prepared on those dinner nights when you’re out of ideas ☺.
Cooking time :25 min
- 1 egg
- 50gr butter at room temperature
- 100gr semolina
- Leftover steamed pork filling
- 4 cups of water
- Place 4 cups of water and the leftover filling in a pot and let it simmer to a boil.
- While our soup base is boiling start making the semolina dumplings.
- In a mixing bowl slightly beat the egg with the softened butter, add gradually the semolina flour and combine until the dough comes together.
- Take a teaspoon from the dough, shape it to a small dumpling and throw it in the boiling soup. Repeat until the dough is finished. While boiling the dumpling will double their size, so you can reduce the size of the dumpling prior to boiling
- Season with salt or more soya sauce if needed. Let the soup boil for an additional 25 minutes.