Usually, when I find items on sale while shopping, I always put them in my shopping cart even though I have no plans to cook or bake something with it, better say that I take the chance to bake something.
Last time at the supermarket I found mascarpone cheese with 50% OFF, so I thought what’s the proper use of mascarpone rather than baking some cheesecake? So I grabbed some digestive crackers that should serve me as a cheesecake crust.
Unfortunately ( Or should I say luckily?:-) ) I found myself on a lazy mode and instead of cheesecake I made no bake mascarpone bonbons.
Serving 10-12 bonbons
Cooking time : 10min + 1 hrs. in the freezer.
For the bonbons:
- 250gr mascarpone
- 1 Tbsp. icing sugar
- 10 digestive cookies
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 100gr dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 3 digestive crackers
- Put the crackers in a zipping bag and crush them into fine crumbles.
- In a mixing bowl put the mascarpone cheese, icing sugar, digestive crumbles and vanilla extract and mix them well.
- With the help of a small ice-cream scoop or a tablespoon and shape the bonbons. Place the on a baking tray fitted with parchment paper and freeze them for approximately 1 hour to set.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave for a few seconds. Crush the crackers and throw them over the melted chocolate. Stir and set aside.
- Take the bonbons out of the freezer and dip them in the melted chocolate. Put them in the fridge and allow them to set for a minimum of 3-5 minutes.
Tip: If you like plain chocolate coating omit the cracker crumbles.