I have seen this recipe for the fist time at Weelicious from Catherine McCord. She has been and will be an inspiration to me. I love her healthy lifestyle and lunchbox ideas for the kids.
I am obsessed with the lunchbox idea and I always prepare the food for my kids to take at school, but I will elaborate this topic for the next school year since the actual is almost finished ( Thank God 😂😂)
Back to the recipe now, as I was writing, this is a healthy alternative for all kids (from 1 to 99 years old) to have during summer when there are a lot of fruits available.
For this recipe I used peaches and apricot, but you can choose every fruit you like except citrus family fruits, melon, watermelon and some other fruit that does not dry well in the oven.
Serves: 6-8 average fruit rolls or 10-12 small ones
Cooking time: 4.5- 5 hours
- 700gr apricots and peaches (de-stoned)
- ½ cup honey (or more depending on the acidity of the fruits)
- Preheat the oven to 90◦C (convection option if possible)
- Add the fruits and honey to the blender and mix until smooth.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and layer the fruit mixture as this as possible. Divide the pure in two pans if one pan is not enough.
- Bash the baking tray over the counter to ensure that the mixture distributes as evenly as possible.
- Bake the fruit pure for about 4-5 hours until it doesn’t stick when touched with a finger.
- Turn off the oven and let the baking tray inside until completely cooled.
- With the help of a food scissor cut the fruit leather (with the baking paper attached) into large or small strips and roll it with the baking paper outside.
As I have mentioned above, there are a lot of fruit combinations such as apple-strawberry, banana-strawberry, strawberry-peaches, raspberry-banana, kiwi-strawberry etc…