Sometimes, our dinner nights are made of snacks and football games or movies or just snacks ☺. By snacks I mean a vast variety of topped bruschetta’s or salty crackers/cookies accompanied with cheese and/or prosciutto.
This recipe is a very simple one, it requires only few ingredients and no professional skills in the kitchen. Just the goodwill to mess around in the kitchen and postpone the diet, (if there’s any one cheating on the diet like I do …sometimes… I can’t just be too honest since my nutritionist is reading my posts you know…☺)
Serving: 25- 30 cookies (depending on the size of the cookie cutter)
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 150gr all purpose flour ( 75gr whole wheat dhe 75gr all purpose Flour )
- 75gr diced cold butter
- 1 Tbsp. fennel seeds
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2-3 Tbsp. cold water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- In a mixing bowl mix together flours (all purpose flour can be used to substitute whole wheat in case you don’t have any), add the diced cold butter , fennel and sesame seeds, salt, pepper and the baking soda. Mix with your hands until mixed through.
- If the dough doesn’t come together, add cold water one tablespoon at a time until the dough is smooth and doesn’t crumble.
- Cover the dough with cling film and let it sit in the fridge for about 7-8 minutes
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper and while the dough is resting use the time in a fruitful manner like cleaning the kitchen for example (if you are a messy person like me)
- Take out the dough from the fridge, roll it out to 1cm of thickness and cut the cookies with a cookie cutter of your choice (I used the star shape). Continue mixing the leftover dough, roll it and cut it until all the dough is used.
- Bake the cookies for approximately 30 minutes until golden brown
These cookies can be stored in an airtight container for about 2 weeks