Last week, it was a shiny day, took out my camera to have it ready for pretty pictures and started to make Tacos. Everything went just perfect and the dinnet was ready in a snap… the photos were just great…..Yeah, sure, in another world maybe…
Actually it was a rainy day, came late from work and dinner took just like forever to be done, and of course the photos were taken with my cellphone. That’s the ugly truth, so why I have to lie about it?!
Back to the recipe now!
Taco Tuesday is an american trend and almost all food bloggers around post their Taco recipes on Tuesdays, sooo that’s why I chose this title for my post.
Even though nowadays in most of the markets in Tirana all the ingredients can be easily found (like Taco spice mix, enchilada kit, all types of salsas, tortillas etc.) I love to prepare them from scratch, even though store bought tortillas can be a life saver for busy nights.
Being a fast cooking meal, I would suggest to use store bought tortillas so you won’t spent extra time in the kitchen, avoiding cleaning the mess afterwards.
Cooking time :40 minutes
For the meat filling:
- 300g minced pork
- 3 tbsp. Taco spice mix (for homemade recipe click here)
For the Tacos :
- 8 tortillas (regular or whole-wheat)
- 1 cup Cheddar or Gouda (shredded)
- Few lettuce leafs -chopped
- 1cup sour crème or crème frâiche
- Disa copëza limoni Lime
- For the salsa:
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 1 tsp. salt
- olive oil
- Measuring cups and spoon sizes are explained here:
- Firs of all start preparing the tomato salsa. Put all the salsa ingredients into a blender and pulse until coarse. Set aside so all the flavours are mixed through.
- Drizzle some olive oil over a frying pan and put the minced pork along with all the spices and 1/2 cup of water. Reduce heat and simmer until the meat is cooked through and all the water is absorbed.
- Preparing the tacos: Warm the tortillas in the microwave (or oven) for a few seconds until warmed. Put the tortillas on a wooden chopping block, the sour crème, the tomato salsa that you have prepared previously, some shredded Cheddar, the chopped lettuce and few wedges of limes.
- To reassemble: Take a warm tortilla and put in the middle 2 tbsp. of pork, few lettuce leafs, cheddar, a dollop of sour crème and a squeeze of lime. Each of your guests can built their own tacos based on their preferences like my family members do.